Avalon lopi burn pot issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifixjetz1

Oct 26, 2016
Hampshire, Illinois
I have an avalon Lopi AGP stove i bought in October. The stove has been working great so far execpt for ash build up in my burn pot. There would be so much that i could not get a re light and have to remove the ashes. This issue just started in the last few days. Im running on medium, and clean my stove every few days. Is this normal or should i check something else. Right now im running t stat mode 3

I have an avalon Lopi AGP stove i bought in October. The stove has been working great so far execpt for ash build up in my burn pot. There would be so much that i could not get a re light and have to remove the ashes. This issue just started in the last few days. Im running on medium, and clean my stove every few days. Is this normal or should i check something else. Right now im running t stat mode 3
I have the Lopi agp insert. Depending on the pellets I will get buildup in front and will push the ash to the sides of the collection pan as needed. Better pellets, less ash. Only time I have had the stove go out on its own was when lots of ash built up underneath the burn pot after a ton or so burned without a cleaning.

New stove or new to you? How much have you burned so far this year? Could be due for a major clean of internal exhaust pathways and venting.

Status
Not open for further replies.