Avalon Newport vs Quardafire Santa Fe opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootis

Oct 4, 2008
Dedham,Maine
I have reserved a new Avalon Newport pellet stove and am looking for advice from other owners. How has the stove been for reliability, ease of use, etc. I can pick the stove up on Tuesday and be ready to burn by next weekend.

I've had a Quadafire Santa Fe on order since June 21 and I kept getting jerked around by the dealer, who I won't mention by name: Finest Home and Hearth in Bangor, Maine. Several phone calls went unawnsered, and today when I went in to ask on the delivery date, it got pushed back again to maybe November. He said he had no way of knowing what was coming when. I told him of the letter I had from Quadrafire that stating that all dealers had lists of exact ship dates, he said that was BS. I'm not sure who he was calling a lair, me or Quadrafire! My concern is if that are this poor on customer service before the sale how will they be afterwards?

The Avalon dealer called me right back after store hours and responded to all of my questions. Even though the Newport stove is $600 more, I'm thinking that he will stand behind his product! I just want to make sure I'm not jumping in the wrong direction!

Thanks

I was in there Saturday to get my door, new guy there and very helpful, have you talked to the new guy.

The guy I spoke with mentioned that he had been there for only a few weeks, so I'd guess he's the one. I told him that he would have alot less problems if they just returned phone calls and e mails. Here is the letter from Quadrafire that he said was BS.

Thank you for your inquiry into the availability ofQuadra-Fire pellet and EPA wood burning stoves and Inserts. Due to the unprecedented demand brought on by the recent spike in energy prices, these products will have limited supply throughout the country.

For the most accurate information on the availability of products in your area please contact your nearest Quadra-Fire dealer. You can access this information by clicking on the link below.

If you currently have a product on order through your dealer and are checking on when that product may be available, please contact your dealer.
They will have a complete listing of what products are shipping to their location through the end of November and will be able to tell you when your order will be available.

I bought mine 6-19 and was told 8 weeks, at 8 weeks was told another 4-6 weeks. At 4 weeks I was told it would be in the coming Friday. Went in Saturday and asked for my stove, he asked if they called me and I said no. They had the stove and never called me. Loaded the stove and my name was on the box.
I really don’t think they know when the stove is to arrive until Quadra sends them the shipping order.
Jump or wait, that is one hard decision . Good Luck

As someone who works for a Quad dealer I can tell you that all the Quad dealers are supposed to have a shipping schedule that tells them estimated shipping dates and quantities of product they will be getting. I have had a schedule (that has not changed) for my store for more than 6 weeks now. It amazes me how some dealers will continue to hide their heads in the sand and not call people back and tell the truth.
Have we lost sales and had to refund deposits this year? You betcha. But I believe we have saved many more sales by letting our customers know what is going on. I don't even wait for the customers to call me, when I have new info good or bad, I call them! And guess what, one or two get upset, but most appreciate the honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.