Avalon Olympic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlett920

Feb 15, 2008
Fort Scott Kansas
My buddy was is looking at wood stoves and we found a website that sold Avalon Olympics woodheatstoves.com so called them on the phone about the stove and they said Avalon would not sell or ship to people outside of northern California because they are loyal to there territory.... is this bs?

Nope, Travis Industries (Manufacturer of Avalon, Lopi and Fireplace Extraordinaire) absolutely forbids any dealer from selling outside his or her territory, and will shut down anyone caught doing so. Use the dealer finder on Avalon's website at http://www.avalonfirestyles.com/where_to_buy/ to find the Avalon store nearest you.

I think your buddy is confusing that particular dealer with the company as a whole. Dealers may have exclusive territories the are not allowed to sell stoves outside of. I just picked up a used Olympic based on the many, many good reviews. It's a big stove, and I can't wait to give mine a workout this fall.

I ahve the Olympic, purchased it from a local dealer two winters ago. absolutly love it

We have the Olympic's sister, the Lopi Liberty. Purchased from and installed by a local dealer. Couldn't be happier with it. Rick

yeah, fancy sister. I think the Lopi line is basically jsut alittle fancier than the Avalon line etc.. Kinda like GMC/Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.