Avalon Perfect fit secondaries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Stick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2011
Capital Region, NY
Took some pics of my stove this morning while it was burning real nice. There are stainless tubes in this thing and they were almost all burning gases. I guess this is how this things works at its most efficient? Second day with this insert and I am finding it likes the smaller pieces as opposed to larger chunks. Please comment if this is not what it should be like. Thanks

Attachments

• secondary.jpg
    secondary.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 186
  • secondary2.jpg
    secondary2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 173
Looks like a real efficient burn going on there... I look to get my secondaries all firing at once too. Sometimes I get there, other times their just bouncing around from hole to hole.

Boom Stick said:
Took some pics of my stove this morning while it was burning real nice. There are stainless tubes in this thing and they were almost all burning gases. I guess this is how this things works at its most efficient? Second day with this insert and I am finding it likes the smaller pieces as opposed to larger chunks. Please comment if this is not what it should be like. Thanks

Looks great Boom Stick, once you find out what it likes stick with it. Since the wood we are burning this year is seasoned 2 years we are finding the bigger splits of Cherry are burning much better.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.