Avalon PS900 control box problem??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoaf88

Oct 19, 2009
RI
The stove has always run fine but today after I cleaned it it does not want to turn on. The red light comes on and it makes some electric sounds but the blower never starts. Neither does the auger motor which is new. I assume the igniter is not coming on either. The light does come on so I assume its not a fuse right?

Do you think this is a control box problem?

What could cause this?

just called my local dealer and they said a new box is $395

is there any way to fix this thing?

Usually if the combustion blower doesn't start none of the other motors or the igniter are likely to operate (depends upon when the controller checks for proper pressure in firebox).

Where ever you were working when cleaning the stove look for loose wiring.

Be certain to turn the stove off and unplug it before doing that or any other work on the stove.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Usually if the combustion blower doesn't start none of the other motors or the igniter are likely to operate (depends upon when the controller checks for proper pressure in firebox).

Where ever you were working when cleaning the stove look for loose wiring.

Be certain to turn the stove off and unplug it before doing that or any other work on the stove.

Yea I was just cleaning out the firebox and glass.

I did check all the connections to everything anyway and everything is tight.

I already have replaced the auger motor last year and the convection blower last year. The combustion blower is in great shape as well.

I already have the troubleshooting guide and all it says is replace the control box if it lights up but does not start. It goes on to say if that dosent work to try other things. I assume you cant return one so I reallt wanna know for sure this is the problem before I buy one.

have same stove,if you open control box there should be 2 controls you can get the numbers off them and order one or both,but i think the complete control box was $180.00. i paid about $90.00 for the one part i needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.