Avalon Rainier Air Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fayman

Dec 7, 2006
Doe anyone know how the mechanics of my Rainier's air control intake work?

Here is the issue: The stove has been great for the past year (bought it last year), but in the last few days it seems as though it's starving for air, even when the air control is fully open. Typically it takes very little time to get a good fire started and the stove up to temp, but last night and tonight it's dying out, even with the air control open.

Couple of things I've already looked into: Wood is dry, nothing about the stove has changed in over a year, I cleaned both the liner and vacuumed out the firebox before I lit the first fire of the season a few weeks ago. The air control feels the same when I adjust it (meaning, I don't think anything is broken within the mechanics of the air control). I can't figure it out!

Is there any possibility that wherever the air enters the firebox can become blocked with ash, etc...?

Thanks! My cold house will appreciate any help!

Have you carefully checked the screen on the flue cap? Maybe it's plugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.