1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Avalon rainier or Englander 13NCi

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by CheaperthanYou, Mar 7, 2013.

1. CheaperthanYou

CheaperthanYou New Member

Loc:
    Levittown
    Im looking to suppliment my heat in my 1300 sqft ranch levitt home.
    Central chimney and pretty open floor plan. Just looking to offset my heating cost, I would really like to put a Napoleon 1402 insert in my fireplace, but cash is tight.

I found a englander 13-nci for about 700 brand new with blower and surround, and i found a avalon rainier insert for about 100 less, no surroung though.

I have plenty of dry wood as we have been using our fireplace for years, and the wood is sesoned at least 2 years, some more.

what would be a better buy do you think.
    This will all be a proper install with 6" stainless right to the top. thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    Englander seems to have great customer service and stand behind their products.

Not meant as a knock on Avalon. Know nothing about their quality of customer support.

Just a positive for Englander.
    chvymn99 likes this.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Neighbor has the Avalon Rainier. It is a good insert and a great heat machine.
  4. Heatsource

Heatsource Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    I sold tons of Avalons in the past, very solid machines
  5. murinsky

murinsky Member

Loc:
    SW CT
    I have an Avalon Rainer and I love it. Bought it used a year ago, I think it is about 10 years old. I can't make any comparisons, it's the only stove I've owned but I am happy with it and would buy one again. I use it every day.

It had the brass door surround, which I shot with silver stove bright, as the brass only stays shiny if you don't use the stove!! I was sick of looking at the tarnished brass.
  6. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    I have the NC13, I really like that stove. It has no problem for about 90% of my use, for the other 10% I just have to work a little diligent with it. But I'm about 1800 SF just give a idea of what I'm heating. Good luck, it sounds like either way you go both are good stoves.
  7. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I love my Avalon Ranier, but having a problem with burn times.....most likely due to wood supply, but a great stove