Avalon rainier or Englander 13NCi

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by CheaperthanYou, Mar 7, 2013.

  1. CheaperthanYou

    CheaperthanYou
    Expand Collapse
    New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2013
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    7
    Loc:
    Levittown
    Im looking to suppliment my heat in my 1300 sqft ranch levitt home.
    Central chimney and pretty open floor plan. Just looking to offset my heating cost, I would really like to put a Napoleon 1402 insert in my fireplace, but cash is tight.

    I found a englander 13-nci for about 700 brand new with blower and surround, and i found a avalon rainier insert for about 100 less, no surroung though.

    I have plenty of dry wood as we have been using our fireplace for years, and the wood is sesoned at least 2 years, some more.

    what would be a better buy do you think.
    This will all be a proper install with 6" stainless right to the top. thanks
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!





  2. rideau

    rideau
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2012
    Messages:
    2,169
    Likes Received:
    815
    Loc:
    southern ontario
    Englander seems to have great customer service and stand behind their products.

    Not meant as a knock on Avalon. Know nothing about their quality of customer support.

    Just a positive for Englander.
     
    chvymn99 likes this.
  3. begreen

    begreen
    Expand Collapse
    Mooderator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2005
    Messages:
    59,296
    Likes Received:
    7,360
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Neighbor has the Avalon Rainier. It is a good insert and a great heat machine.
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Heatsource

    Heatsource
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2011
    Messages:
    959
    Likes Received:
    148
    Loc:
    Northern CA
    I sold tons of Avalons in the past, very solid machines
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. murinsky

    murinsky
    Expand Collapse
    Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    4
    Loc:
    SW CT
    I have an Avalon Rainer and I love it. Bought it used a year ago, I think it is about 10 years old. I can't make any comparisons, it's the only stove I've owned but I am happy with it and would buy one again. I use it every day.

    It had the brass door surround, which I shot with silver stove bright, as the brass only stays shiny if you don't use the stove!! I was sick of looking at the tarnished brass.
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. chvymn99

    chvymn99
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2010
    Messages:
    652
    Likes Received:
    193
    Loc:
    Kansas
    I have the NC13, I really like that stove. It has no problem for about 90% of my use, for the other 10% I just have to work a little diligent with it. But I'm about 1800 SF just give a idea of what I'm heating. Good luck, it sounds like either way you go both are good stoves.
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  7. Beer Belly

    Beer Belly
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2011
    Messages:
    1,964
    Likes Received:
    700
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    I love my Avalon Ranier, but having a problem with burn times.....most likely due to wood supply, but a great stove
     
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature

Share This Page

Entire Site copyright © 1995-2016 - email to webinfo@hearth.com
Hearth.com and HearthNet are property and trademarks of Hearth.com LLC Advertising Information