Avalon Ranier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
I am in the process of purchasing the Avalon Rainier..Does anyone have this stove?? Comments?

Henz said:
I am in the process of purchasing the Avalon Rainier..Does anyone have this stove?? Comments?

Probably one of my all time favorite stoves - if there had to be only 5 stoves made, I'd vote for this baby!

I expecially like the model with the larger radiant surface (do they still name that the same?).

I am friends with the engineer that designed this, and when I first saw it (in 1986) I celebrated that someone had finally gotten it right! The Zen of Stoves....the Avalon Rainer (formerly 900 series, so look that up also in ratings).

As to Stove ratings system, my first thought is that the original with some updates would trump a more free form one here, but I have not studied it at length. Tell me more about the positives and negatives of each system in the suggestions area here.

The existing system allows for more "fields" and can constrain certain answers, while a forum on this board would be tougher to sort and search.

Maybe the answer is BOTH, being a forum on here for extended reviews on a loose format?

Who knows?

great! thanks..cause we jsut purchased it!!!!!!!!love summer but now I cant wait till winter to test her out!haha

Don't have a Avalon, but have a Lopi, which is a sibling brand. Quite happy with mine, kept my house nice and warm all winter. No oil bill this month, except for hot water.

I have the insert version of the Rainier, this is my sixth year, I couldn't be happier with it. I have a 1,700 sq.ft. colonial, well insulated, and it has no problem heating it. Very easy to operate, blower moves plenty of air. I would expect the freestanding version would heat considerably better with the additional radiant surface. I think you'll be happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.