Avalon Rebuild kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGStG1aholic

Oct 16, 2012
new to the pellet world as of a few months back. My friend gave me an old Avalon 900-PS(ser.#1192) and it's been kinda finicky, shutting down for no apparent reason once every 3-4 days ,heat dist. fan howling/rattling upon startup till it gets warmed up, fireboard is cracked and so flimsy I can't take it out anymore for cleaning behind, need a new firebox doughnut spongerubber looking gasket thingy, probably will need an auger motor down the road, etc...

Just ordered a new Harman XXV but I wanna keep the Avalon for in the garage of the new house to be built. I'd like to buy all the parts at once to maybe save some bucks on a package deal(kit?) because I'll need to basically rebuild it as things wear out in the next few years.

Is there a place on the internet to buy this stuff to save money or do I need to go downtown to a dealer and order it thru them?

One more question please: Is it worth rebuilding an old stove like this or will I put all this money into it and then have something like the control board(brain) go out?

Any input appreciated

Thank you

kinda looks that way from what I've found out so far. That's fine but I had to check, gotta save a few bucks where you can whenever possible. At least I have a stove dealer that carries their parts within 5 mi.of me.

Thanks!

My dealer 5 mi. away said they could'nt even order the parts and referred me to their sister store/service center 2 1/2 hours North of me. After 3 calls and quite some time on hold I got a service desk employee who knew less than myself about pellet stoves and I don't know squat(yet). 25 minutes later he found the parts I needed - $167.- for 3 pieces of flat fireboard in the right shape to fit is being sent to me UPS and will get it in a week or so.

Kinda spendy I thought but I'm actually quite happy to be able to still buy parts like this for a 24 yr. old stove

Status
Not open for further replies.