Avalon "tree of life"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scorp

Nov 24, 2012
Have an Avalon "tree of life" gas heater. When you turn the switch on (it's on the rear of the stove) it lights but sometimes goes out and you have to tap the switch slightly towards off to get the gas back on.The switch was replaced once. I'm wondering if their is an adjustment for the switch- why would it do this? Thanks- Paul

thanks Dave, could you go into a little more detail i.e. how do I know if the t-pile (?) is putting out 350mv? Why would it turn off after running for 10 minutes. I appreciate your help- Paul

thanks Dave, could you go into a little more detail i.e. how do I know if the t-pile (?) is putting out 350mv? Why would it turn off after running for 10 minutes. I appreciate your help- Paul

You need a multimeter set to millivolts (mV). Place the probes in contact with the TH-TP (or TP-TH) & the TP terminals. With the pilot ON & the burner OFF the reading should be (ideally) about 550mV. When you turn the burner on, the mV reading will drop to about 220 mV (+/-). If that number keeps dropping down to about 125mV, the unit will shut off. The Thermopile (T-pile) needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.