awf ultra premium white pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the hate?

Four years with my stove and by far the worst pellets I ever burned. Tons of fines and and enough ash to choke a horse. Have two bags left myself.

Four years with my stove and by far the worst pellets I ever burned. Tons of fines and and enough ash to choke a horse. Have two bags left myself.

Either a bad run or a shipment got wet. When I burned them, I had to turn the stove down and burn pot cleaning was cut by at least half.

Reactions: Flammam
I didn't like them either but not for the same reasons. They burned hot and had very little ash, but the damn things wouldn't slide down the hopper to the auger. I would fill the hopper completely and woke up at midnight to a 63 degree house. Went downstairs to the stove and thought no way it ate 60 lbs in 4 hours, opened the hopper and it was 3/4 full but since the pellets wouldn't slide there was just a hole over the auger. Didn't like the babysitting so I wont be buying them again, glad I only bought 10 bags.

We have a negative review of them as well.....They seem to be a little "tacky" on the outside and we have to mix them with Lignetics to get them to feed........17 bags left........We have no problems with other brands.........Really WANTED to like them......1st softwood we have seen in this area......

Status
Not open for further replies.