1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Awkward craigslist moment this morning

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Squiner, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiner

Squiner New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/36709/

If you read this thread you can see that I ordered wood from a guy on Craigslist about a year ago and I got shorted quite a bit. After a lot of work I got the rest of my wood delivered. That brings me the the rest of the story. I posted an ad in Craigslist that I had a Sony PSP (handheld gaming) which I wanted to trade for a cord of wood. I got a response from someone and met the guy this morning. Turns out the be the same guy that I had the problems with. I look at the guy and smile shaking my head. We both then proceed to ignore our history and make a good transaction. Full cord of what looks like seasoned oak.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ckarotka

ckarotka Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwest PA on the lake
    "It's a small world after all" what are the odds?? Glad to see it all worked out. Now I'm walking around the house looking at items going "that should be worth at least a cord" My wife my come home to an empty house and a full yard of wood ;-P
  3. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    yeah, awkward. glad you got your cord, though.

Never thought of bartering for wood, though. wonder if I have anything i'd like to give up......
  4. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Similar thing happened to me with CL. I am an home improvement contractor. I saw a stove on CL a few years ago, emailed the guy a few times, decided it wasn't for me. Turns out I recently, worked on his house and he told me all the problems he has with the stove.
    I think its internet "craigslist people" there aren't too many in a local area.
    I did get his business through the internet.
  5. Squiner

Squiner New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    lol....go for it. I'm sure she'd be fine with it ;)
  6. Tony H

Tony H New Member

Loc:
    N Illinois
    Heck I have wood how about a cord for a nice 50" plasma ? I just might put that on CL you never know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.