Awkward craigslist moment this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiner

Aug 22, 2008
Maryland
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/36709/

If you read this thread you can see that I ordered wood from a guy on Craigslist about a year ago and I got shorted quite a bit. After a lot of work I got the rest of my wood delivered. That brings me the the rest of the story. I posted an ad in Craigslist that I had a Sony PSP (handheld gaming) which I wanted to trade for a cord of wood. I got a response from someone and met the guy this morning. Turns out the be the same guy that I had the problems with. I look at the guy and smile shaking my head. We both then proceed to ignore our history and make a good transaction. Full cord of what looks like seasoned oak.

"It's a small world after all" what are the odds?? Glad to see it all worked out. Now I'm walking around the house looking at items going "that should be worth at least a cord" My wife my come home to an empty house and a full yard of wood ;-P

yeah, awkward. glad you got your cord, though.

Never thought of bartering for wood, though. wonder if I have anything i'd like to give up......

Similar thing happened to me with CL. I am an home improvement contractor. I saw a stove on CL a few years ago, emailed the guy a few times, decided it wasn't for me. Turns out I recently, worked on his house and he told me all the problems he has with the stove.
I think its internet "craigslist people" there aren't too many in a local area.
I did get his business through the internet.

ckarotka said:
"It's a small world after all" what are the odds?? Glad to see it all worked out. Now I'm walking around the house looking at items going "that should be worth at least a cord" My wife my come home to an empty house and a full yard of wood ;-P

lol....go for it. I'm sure she'd be fine with it ;)

Heck I have wood how about a cord for a nice 50" plasma ? I just might put that on CL you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.