awkward small score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2011
mid mo
got a freind that bought some land and is building a house out in the country. where they want to bring power the power company said that a couple of trees need to be removed. not all were on his property, but he had talked to neighbor and they were fine with it. he was telling me one is a huge locust and i express interest in it and he said no problem, just come get it. we pull up and he had to go talk to a contractor on the job site, so i waited until he was back before i stepped on to the neighbors place. he comes back, i was ready to cut and made sure what tree needed to come down. i cut it down and within a few minutes the neighbor comes over. i just thought they were saying hi, so i continued to cut. come to find out they mis-communicated and that was not the tree the neighbor said to cut. turns out he is a wood burner too, he wasn't too mad because he told me to take some of it. i left most of it for him.

Bummer. Sounds like you almost had a good score....some is better than none....definitely an awkward situation.........Hope you get a nice haul out of there

Yeah, that is awkward. Sounds like a pretty understanding guy though. Good on everyone for keeping things civil.

Reactions: Shane N
Wow. That could have turned nasty really easy. Sounds like you lucked out.

Ditto on the awkward moment. Also glad everything was smoothed over.

Pics?

Its somewhere on the left stacks.

Attachments

• IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Friend has a good neighbor. Good to keep it that way.
Bit awkward but sounded like you were pretty smooth.
It'll pay off & your friend owes you a tree (maybe 2 or 3) ;) LOL

Good pic. Nice to have the wide open space.

Status
Not open for further replies.