ax men

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What those shows SHOULD be called:

Axe Men - Logs on ropes
American Logger - Logs on trucks
Swamp Loggers - Logs in mud
Extreme Logging - Logs being chipped

;)

Peter SWNH said:

Axe Men - Logs on ropes

;)

Or "retarded TV'

I've never watched any of them. Am I not missing anything?

Peter SWNH said:

Axe Men - Logs on ropes

;)

High-lead logging IS logging.

Everything else is lumberjacking, as in, you're a lumberjack and that's OK.

I got a kick out of the commercal for the Axe men.......a guy jumps into a river with a running chain saw, saw comes up out of the water running and he starts cutting a log that fell across the river......I wonder if a chain saw that runs under water is a specail option

I thought season 1 of Axe Men gave viewers a real good perspective of the industry. After that it became palefaces behaving stupidly ...unfortunately I don't do propaganda.

Bigg_Redd said:
Dagnabbit, now you've done it. i'll have that stupid song stuck in my head all day long.....

Ok there has to be more than I watching this program..... Drama and chainsaw SWEEET.

I did not see what happened when the log got stuck in the cage of that yarder.

CTwoodburner said:
I did not see what happened when the log got stuck in the cage of that yarder.
there saving that for next week...lol

I do watch it but have never been able to finish a season, last year I wanted to strangle the guy who yelled at his son in every episode.

I watch, but don't listen to much of it.

Danno77 said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Dagnabbit, now you've done it. i'll have that stupid song stuck in my head all day long.....
well, just thought I'd report back that I did, indeed, have that song in my head all day. thanks Redd.

the guys at work asked if I watch it. I said why should I watch it, I live it. We work in a kitchen and they watch cooking shows?? They also told me that echo was the best cause the axmen use them, now I know why my echo blew up I wasn't running it underwater. .

I work in a kitchen as well and have gone to culinary school but I still watch cooking shows. What are you trying to say? That if you do it you have nothing else to learn? I think I have only seen 1 Echo on that show a few huskys, Solos, but this year I have noticed mostly Stihls.

schwaggly said:
the guys at work asked if I watch it. I said why should I watch it, I live it. We work in a kitchen and they watch cooking shows?? They also told me that echo was the best cause the axmen use them, now I know why my echo blew up I wasn't running it underwater. .

no echo on there just stihl and huskys

I thought Dwayne used a solo? Or is that a big Husky?

MMaul said:
I thought Dwayne used a solo? Or is that a big Husky?

Dwayne has a husky levi has a modded 460/and a husky Dowope has a husky. Old man browing has a 880 with one arm.

MMaul said:
I work in a kitchen as well and have gone to culinary school but I still watch cooking shows. What are you trying to say? That if you do it you have nothing else to learn?

Not by any means. When I'm home relaxing I don't want to be reminded of work or even think about it, as you know the work is stressful enough. I haven't seen the show so my echo reference is from what the guys told me. I've seen a part of one of those shows and it seemed like man-soaps, not for me.

I can understand not being reminded of work, I will not watch hells kitchen, I really only like Good Eats with Alton Brown, and will occationaly watch other shows.

schwaggly said:
MMaul said:
I work in a kitchen as well and have gone to culinary school but I still watch cooking shows. What are you trying to say? That if you do it you have nothing else to learn?

Not by any means. When I'm home relaxing I don't want to be reminded of work or even think about it, as you know the work is stressful enough. I haven't seen the show so my echo reference is from what the guys told me. I've seen a part of one of those shows and it seemed like man-soaps, not for me.

Even pro sports is nothing but man-soaps. Go Colts!

Discovery Channel has their agenda. Their shows are full of half truths and staged scenes. They make the Simpsons look real.

wetwood said:
Their shows are full of half truths and staged scenes. They make the Simpsons look real.

As someone once said, "Reality TV has nothing to do with reality".

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.