Axe men is back

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Feb 15, 2009
south/central Pa
Any one else happy that Axe men is starting a new season tonight? :) I love to watch these type of shows. Believe it or not I have learned quite abit of techniques about dropping trees, like how to face the tree and different ways of back cuts and bore cuts from shows similar to these. Just wondered if any one else watches.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. There is another show similar to it on the Discovery Channel, forgot the name, but they log out of Main.

Thanks for the heads up bambam....I thought it was tomorrow.

Todd said:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. There is another show similar to it on the Discovery Channel, forgot the name, but they log out of Main.

American Loggers

We don't have quite the hills here like what the Axe Men work.

I was watching another show the other week where they were pulling wood out of a Georgia swamp. Sure reminded me about my pipeline construction escapades across Ontario. We cut and laid trees across many miles of swamp.

yup I got Heli-loggers, ax-men and American loggers all set to DVR. Love them

I really lucked out tonight. I go to a class at our highschool monday nights from 7-9 where we are building traditional flintlock rifles, then we end up going to the bar down the street from our house for some cold beverages and some chicken wings :) , which means I usually don't get home till around 11. We had 5 inches of snow this morning :cheese: and school was closed so our class was cancelled :down: . Only benefit is I won't miss the first episode for this season. :) Oh yea I figured out the smiley thing.

bambam said:
Oh yea I figured out the smiley thing.
Now you can work on getting the [quote] tags mastered.

LLigetfa said:
bambam said:
Oh yea I figured out the smiley thing.
Now you can work on getting the [quote] tags mastered.

Patience is a virtue, that is seldom found in women but never in men. (That's what my mom used to say about my dad.)

No Stump-Branch in tonight's episode. I hope they make a return because they logged all the crummy sites that nobody else wanted.

bambam said:
Patience is a virtue, that is seldom found in women but never in men. (That's what my mom used to say about my dad.)
Lord give me patience, but HURRY! -an impatient man's prayer

I was talking about editing around the quote tags and not just clicking the button.

Damn I fell asleep in the chair and missed it...pretty sure they repeat again during the week.

Bigg_Redd said:
Love the show. The logs you see in that show are what I burn for firewood.

Dang, Redd, that must be one big stove!

After watching last season, whenever I go out to cut, I carry my 029 (with 18" bar) over my shoulder.
My wife laughs at me.

Surprising to me how many aren't wearing PPE while working.

There where many times chaps , ear , eye protection wasn't used during scenes of cutting I noticed.

I am sure that Dustin was glad he had his chaps on.

Well, now you all got me intrigued. I don't have cable but just put Season 1 on my Netflix queue.

Is it Axe Men or Ax Men I know that I have seen it listed both ways? With all the termoil in todays life like job security, economic wellspan of the country, oil prices, having enough wood to last the rest of the season, etc... this is one more thing I don't need plagueing me.

bambam said:
Is it Axe Men or Ax Men I know that I have seen it listed both ways? With all the termoil in todays life like job security, economic wellspan of the country, oil prices, having enough wood to last the rest of the season, etc... this is one more thing I don't need plagueing me.

That was good! :lol: I thought "axe" is what some people say when they should say "ask," but I was wrong!

Kenneth G. Wilson (1923–). The Columbia Guide to Standard American English. 1993.

ax, axe (n.)

These are variant spellings of the wood-cutting tool’s name; Americans generally use ax, the British axe, and both use a plural axes, pronounced AKS-iz. See SPELLING

Bigg_Redd said:
adrpga498 said:
Surprising to me how many aren't wearing PPE while working.

Expound please.

PPE = personal protection equipment (chaps, hard hat, etc.)

Shari

[quote[ adrpga498 - 03 March 2009 09:33 PM

Surprising to me how many aren’t wearing PPE while working. [/quote]

I saw the same thing. Most of the time guys had hard hats but, unless they were wearing 'em under their pants, chaps were often missing... Thankfully they did highlight the one scene where the one guy (don't know names yet) was bucking the limbs on the tree and his saw kicked back into his leg. Showed how he cut through his jeans and almost into the chaps. At least he was wearing chaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.