Axe men is back

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be long till the season is over so I was wandering what everyone thought about this year? I can honestly say that I was not as impressed as I was for the first couple seasons. I think that they are spending a lot of time with S&S;Aqua Logging and Conor Aviation's crews and pulling logs from the river and showing helicopter rides is not what axe men was born on. Rygard Logging is new this year but it seems they are making almost entire episodes about them and forgetting the crews that made the show a hit. Browning and Pihl where some of the original founding members and you don't see very much of them anymore. This weeks new episode didn't even show Browning at all. Stump Branch Logging was not even mentioned this season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

bambam said:
It won't be long till the season is over so I was wandering what everyone thought about this year? I can honestly say that I was not as impressed as I was for the first couple seasons. I think that they are spending a lot of time with S&S;Aqua Logging and Conor Aviation's crews and pulling logs from the river and showing helicopter rides is not what axe men was born on. Rygard Logging is new this year but it seems they are making almost entire episodes about them and forgetting the crews that made the show a hit. Browning and Pihl where some of the original founding members and you don't see very much of them anymore. This weeks new episode didn't even show Browning at all. Stump Branch Logging was not even mentioned this season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I mostly agree, adding only:

1) S $ S isn't logging. It's marine salvage. They should have made it a 5 minute foot note in one episode.

2) Same with the heli logging.

3) the Rygaard crew are WA loggers straight from central casting - and as a life long WA resident in a logging/mill town I say the more the better.

Rygaard is a good one to watch. It's nice to see a father/son crew that actually seem to respect and like each other.

Rumor Mill!

As a result of the show OSHA started showing up more frequently at some jobsites. Some that participated, elected not to this year due to the extra "attention" the show brings.

Again, just what I read on another board...take it for what it's worth.

While I enjoy both logging shows (Ax Men and American Logger), I think they should rename the series; "Logs on Ropes" and "Logs on Trucks", respectively.

;)

Skier76 said:
Rumor Mill!

As a result of the show OSHA started showing up more frequently at some jobsites. Some that participated, elected not to this year due to the extra "attention" the show brings.

Again, just what I read on another board...take it for what it's worth.

I wouldn't doubt it. A logging site is a ticket writer's dream.

Peter SWNH said:
While I enjoy both logging shows (Ax Men and American Logger), I think they should rename the series; "Logs on Ropes" and "Logs on Trucks", respectively.

;)

nicely stated and true

I also would like to go on record as to the old man of S&S;Aqua logging is an @$$hole!

His son has a thousand more times the patience than me.

KC

iskiatomic said:
I also would like to go on record as to the old man of S&S;Aqua logging is an @$$hole!

His son has a thousand more times the patience than me.
I agree but, my wife likes the show because of them 2!

KC

I've been watching American Loggers on some channel this season. Still watch Axe men, but I liking the A. Logger show because it is in the northeast and they operate in and around Baxter State Park... Sometimes you'll get a view of Katahdin and the Golden Road..

Jay

LLigetfa said:
We don't have quite the hills here like what the Axe Men work.
I was watching another show the other week where they were pulling wood out of a Georgia swamp. Sure reminded me about my pipeline construction escapades across Ontario. We cut and laid trees across many miles of swamp.

My father and grandfather were both loggers and I remember the story of my grandfather going to Louisiana to learn how to swamp log. He bidded on and won a contract to log a local man's swamp land (full of BIG hardwood timber to be sold to Georiga Crate & Basket Co.). About a week into the job, the land owner came by and regretably told my grandfather that 'I would have never sold the rights if I thought you were going cut the timber'. It was a one punch fight!

ChillyGator said:
LLigetfa said:
We don't have quite the hills here like what the Axe Men work.
I was watching another show the other week where they were pulling wood out of a Georgia swamp. Sure reminded me about my pipeline construction escapades across Ontario. We cut and laid trees across many miles of swamp.

My father and grandfather were both loggers and I remember the story of my grandfather going to Louisiana to learn how to swamp log. He bidded on and won a contract to log a local man's swamp land (full of BIG hardwood timber to be sold to Georiga Crate & Basket Co.). About a week into the job, the land owner came by and regretably told my grandfather that 'I would have never sold the rights if I thought you were going cut the timber'. It was a one punch fight!

Just what do the tree huggers think logging means anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.