Axe Men TV show back this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muncybob

Minister of Fire
Apr 8, 2008
Near Williamsport, PA
Wasn't sure where to put this but I know some forum members do watch the show, I think the new season starts this Sunday night.

muncybob said:
Wasn't sure where to put this but I know some forum members do watch the show, I think the new season starts this Sunday night.

Sweet. My favorite show. It'll probably go head-to-head with "Finding Bigfoot," but that's why I love my DVR.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Good another one to watch. Been watching swamp loggers and I think American loggers should be on sometime soon.

Actually, I'm too old to stay up that late. Good thing we got these new fangled DVR thingies. :)

That show is on right now on the history channel. I guess it is from last season. Cool show.

I watched some of it today. These guys seem to spend an awful lot of time screaming and yelling. I don't remember so much of that in the first couple seasons.

I don't know about you guys, but I find it to be very unprofessional in any work environment, regardless of the industry.

-SF

There is about 5 minutes of interesting stuff in each episode and the rest is either commercials or guys yelling at each other. I'll only watch on the DVR with my finger on the fast forward button.

I quit watching last season. Too much b s.

First season wasnt bad. now they all look like idiots. cant even watch it. swamp loggers and american loggers are good. Not really any drama.

I could do without the idiot from S+S aqua.

KC

iskiatomic said:
I could do without the idiot from S+S aqua.

KC
He's a knuckle head. I guess he got run out of Wash St. didn't have permits or eco nuts shut him down.
The crazy guy down in the bayou of LA I want that aluminum buggy thing he repaired and "borrowed" last season.

Watched part of it last night. That Coatsy nutjob from Papac Logging yelling then literally choking one of his co-workers/subordinates did it for me. No excuse for that behavior.Someone tries that with me & they'll be on the ground fast spitting out teeth & recovering from a quick knee to the nuts.I dont care who they are or how big either.

And that crazy old turd from S & S hasnt changed,he dont listen to anyone,has no common sense & its amazing the son still works with him.Shelby the Swamp Man is 1/2 nuts,but oddly enough he shows some sense at times so things actually work out OK.

Thistle said:
Watched part of it last night. That Coatsy nutjob from Papac Logging yelling then literally choking one of his co-workers/subordinates did it for me. No excuse for that behavior.Someone tries that with me & they'll be on the ground fast spitting out teeth & recovering from a quick knee to the nuts.I dont care who they are or how big either.

And that crazy old turd from S & S hasnt changed,he dont listen to anyone,has no common sense & its amazing the son still works with him.Shelby the Swamp Man is 1/2 nuts,but oddly enough he shows some sense at times so things actually work out OK.

Yeah, I was disappointed with last night's episode too. It's basically become one screaming contest after another. The idiot ratio is extremely high. I'll keep watching, but I hope they tone down the yelling/violence quite a bit.

Thought i'd check it out again. It's actually hilarous how stupid these guys act.

Sunday night's episode was classic. It featured Gabe dropping a giant tree on Dave's Bronco - and then Dave driving away in the mangled wreckage [with the rear window somehow intact]. I almost pissed myself I was laughing so hard.

Stegman said:
Sunday night's episode was classic. It featured Gabe dropping a giant tree on Dave's Bronco - and then Dave driving away in the mangled wreckage [with the rear window somehow intact]. I almost pissed myself I was laughing so hard.

:lol: How about Shelby wrecking that jet boat at the same time he destroyed that guy's boat dock & shelter?

Forget the "load count" I'm thinking they now have a contest to see what company or individual can do the most damage & destroy the most equipment/property. :lol: Seriously though,what very little credibility the show ever had is pretty much gone.Its like a literal train wreck,you cant help but not look.It really gives the industry a bad name.

I watch axemen but prefer swamp loggers and american loggers. Bobby Goodson from swamp loggers seems like the ideal boss, and the Pelletier family runs a good business.

Stegman said:

I'm hooked on the show. Can't wait to see what S&S break next. Really want Gabe to fire his Dad. And Shelby (swamp man) just makes good tv. I've watched every show and I'm most impressed with Shelby. I think the guy is really smart. He's figured out what makes good tv and he keeps doing that. Shooting guns off randomly, wrecking his boat, turning over his swamp dog, etc. I can't look away. DVR is set for the season.

What originally attracted me to the show was watching their giant chainsaws throw 48" bars worth of saw dust. I still like that but the drama is beginning to take over.

Haven't seen the 2nd episode yet but looking forward to it from the comments made. It's purely entertainment factor now for me...first season was more of a learning factor but now I'm looking forward each week to Shelby doing something wild!

seeyal8r said:
Stegman said:

I'm hooked on the show. Can't wait to see what S&S break next. Really want Gabe to fire his Dad. And Shelby (swamp man) just makes good tv. I've watched every show and I'm most impressed with Shelby. I think the guy is really smart. He's figured out what makes good tv and he keeps doing that. Shooting guns off randomly, wrecking his boat, turning over his swamp dog, etc. I can't look away. DVR is set for the season.

What originally attracted me to the show was watching their giant chainsaws throw 48" bars worth of saw dust. I still like that but the drama is beginning to take over.

Yah the show went from reality to totally scripted fake reality. its got to be the furthest thing from reality and its beyond ridiculous now but i still find it quiet hilarious.

I haven't even bothered yet this season.

seeyal8r said:
Stegman said:

beginning to take over ? Lol. It took over in the second season. It's so staged its ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.