Axe men...What happened....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crs7200

Oct 17, 2008
...the last 2 weeks, it looks more like a lumberjack version of American Choppers!! Everybody tellin each other that they are f...in idiots, no teamwork, just yelling and screamming and people quiting. If this is how stuff happened every day, nothing would get done. Are they running out of good footage to show??

This isn't what the show was like last year. Yes, they did have their problems, but not like this year. Especially the guy doing the aqua-logging. I hope he watches the show and sees what a idiot he acts like. He is just irratating.

I have been watching "American Loggers" that is on Friday nights on the Discovery Channel. At least these guys act professional.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show (Axe Men), but what I want to see is how the work gets done and I also like the life of the loggers. That being said, if I wanted to watch a soap opera, I'd watch daytime tv.

crs7300 said:
...the last 2 weeks, it looks more like a lumberjack version of American Choppers!! Everybody tellin each other that they are f...in idiots, no teamwork, just yelling and screamming and people quiting. If this is how stuff happened every day, nothing would get done. Are they running out of good footage to show??

This isn't what the show was like last year. Yes, they did have their problems, but not like this year. Especially the guy doing the aqua-logging. I hope he watches the show and sees what a idiot he acts like. He is just irratating.

I have been watching "American Loggers" that is on Friday nights on the Discovery Channel. At least these guys act professional.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show (Axe Men), but what I want to see is how the work gets done and I also like the life of the loggers. That being said, if I wanted to watch a soap opera, I'd watch daytime tv.

That guy is 100% PWT and a total doosh.

They dumbed it down to the ice road truckers level...or come watch the dumbest white guys on the planet. imo the show's unwatchable now. Got to say.... last year it was only one of 2 shows I watched regularly.

crs7300 said:
Especially the guy doing the aqua-logging. I hope he watches the show and sees what a idiot he acts like. He is just irratating.

This guy is an idiot, the dnr busted him after the show aired..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090314/ap_en_tv/ax_men_search_warrant

SEATTLE – Washington state's Department of Natural Resources on Friday seized more than two dozen logs it says were illegally salvaged by a timber crew featured on the History Channel's reality show "Ax Men."

DNR officers served a search warrant on S&S;Aqua Logging to retrieve timber the company had pulled from the Hoquiam River without a permit, said Larry Raedel, the agency's chief enforcement officer.

Officers were tipped off after watching the popular series, which chronicles the lives of Pacific Northwest timber cutters, including a father-son team from Aberdeen-based S&S;Aqua Logging.

"These are valuable materials that belong to the public and this looks like theft, plain and simple," state Public Lands Commissioner Peter Goldmark said.

An Associated Press call and e-mail to the company and e-mails seeking comment from the History Channel were not immediately returned.

Logs provide a key function for rivers in trapping sediment, harboring insects and other food for fish, and creating pools and riffles where fish can rest, said Greg Hueckel, fish and wildlife habitat programs director.

"They are part of the functioning ecosystem, so removing the log would be like removing part of the bed," he said.

Hueckel said his agency typically grants permits to remove logs in situations where flooding causes log jams. It's unlikely that a permit would be granted for timber harvest, he said.

Jimmy Smith, who owns and operates S&S;Aqua Logging, said on the show that the logs were worth about $10,000, according to search warrant records.

When "Ax Men" debuted last year, it became the History Channel's most popular series with more than 2 million weekly viewers. This season began airing March 2 and features two timber crews from Washington, two from Oregon and one from Montana.

In one video posted on the show's Web site, Smith, a fourth-generation logger, is shown floating down a river in a boat, scanning for logs. "We're normal guys that do extraordinary things," he said.

crs7300 said:

I watched Axe men a lot last season, but this I'm finding the timeslot not to good for my TV watching. I will sometimes catch the rebroadcasts though. I do seem to like American Loggers, at least for one, it's a bit closer to more east coast logging and every now and then, it reminds me of Baxter State Park, the golden road, telos road, etc. etc. :)

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.