AXEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfishn

Mar 9, 2008
North Van , BC
I just bought the "Garant Super Splitter Axe" from Home Depot ( $60 )here in the Great White North.
Wow, is it awesome. I just grabbed some maple (13"- 18") from a local park that was just felled.
I would just let the weight off the Axe split the wood.

Attachments

• garant.jpg
    garant.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 652
I have the same model but I'm not so good with my aim so I bought the fiberglass handle. And yes, so far it works well, I only smashed the wedge into the handle 10 times,:bug: she took it well. I do like the weight and the action.

TGun9590 said:
I have the same model but I'm not so good with my aim so I bought the fiberglass handle. And yes, so far it works well, I only smashed the wedge into the handle 10 times,:bug: she took it well. I do like the weight and the action.

Sounds like you might want to tape up the handle just under the axe head.......might save you a handle or two intil you get your sights fixed on that axe......

can you tell me how it compares to a regular splitting maul? I have a crafstman that does well except for this mystery wood that I am trying to split right now. I was looking at the maul from Stil but don't wanna spend $ on a maul that could be like the one I have now.

Thanks

Congrats flyfishn...you'll love that super-splitter....I bought one last year,it's eaten through 20+ cord and just gets better.

That, my friend, is a woodrat....but alas... it's not mine.

I saw the super splitter at Lowes today with a red fiberglass handle Almost picked it up since i didnt know much about it...

My wife got me the Fiskars splitting axe, and it is fantastic! I cannot say enough good about it. Balanced, sharp and easy to handle. The length is a bit short, but very effective. Got it on amazon for $32.

Status
Not open for further replies.