Azel DS-60 pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobC

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 28, 2009
Foxboro MA
Any suggestions on where to purchase the Azel DS-60 from a reliable source at reasonable price ? Some posts mentioned getting short leads 10" rather than 10 feet etc.

$90 from supplier seems high.

Any comments on the site below ?
www.accentshopping.com

Thanks for the quick info.....

Rob

Follow up....They had this shipped yesterday afternoon. Nice.

Looks like a nice unit appearance wise, but I'm kind of amused / dismayed by the game they play in the specs...

Resolution 0.1F(0.1C)
Accuracy plus or minus 1C/2F

This is sort of like using a kids kindegarten ruler to do precision machine work... and it's a bit deceptive, and MIGHT be misleading. The ACCURACY is only plus or minus 2*F, so a reading of say 150* might really be anywheres from 148-152", but the unit is going to tell you the APPROXIMATE temperature to the tenth of a degree... Note that the usual standard is that an instrument should not attempt to resolve greater than it's accuracy...

Now one could arguably say that the "real" temperatures don't matter all that much, only the change - and possibly the difference between the two readings. However the specs don't tell anything about the comparative accuracy of the two displays - will they both be off the same amount in the same direction, or could you have one side reading 2* low and the other 2* high? Also how reliable / repeatable is that reading - will it consistently be off the same amount? How sensitive is it going to be to change? Seeing something like this in the specs makes me a little unsure about how much faith to put in the numbers unless I really didn't care about them beyond having a vague idea of the temps involved.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.