B vent blues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAKSY said:
I don't think there is any need for a B'vent cap. It wouldn't
be any different than what you have there now. How much
MB is exposed above the roof? I don't believe you have to adhere
to the 10-2-3 rule with a non-solid burning appliance. I'm thinkin
maybe if you removed a section of the Class A, you might not have
this issue, as there would be less cold metal to inhibit your draft...

Thanx Bob,

I talked to a hearthstone dealer yeterday, and told him about the outside MB chimney. He also thinks that I have too much flue outside. Mine goes through the wall then up about 8-10'. He suggested putting vermiculite in between the flex pipe, and the MB pipe, insulating the flex line, and it may draft better. He said it "could" work. If not, I'd have to go through the roof, someting I was trying to avoid. I'll post the results of the insulation fix.

Happy new year!

Ok, I finally gave up on the b vent. I think you really need an inside chimney to make it draft proprely. Thank you all so much for your input.

I just bought a Vermont castings, Jefferson model DIRECT VENT. We'll see how this works for me. I put the Hearthstone on craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.