Baby Bear manufacture date help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently drove to Benicia, CA and purchaced my first Fisher Baby Bear stove. I plan on refurbishing and putting this beauty in my garage for those cold costal nights. Can anyone tell me the approximate build date by the pics I've included? I also read some of the posts inregards to a "smoke baffle". My Baby dosen't have one. Is it important to have one even if I dont plan on doing any cooking on the Baby's surfaces?? Any info would be great!

Attachments

• BB #2.JPG
    BB #2.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 234
  • BB #1.JPG
    BB #1.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 223
Being a camp cop, you may already know it can't be used legally in your state........:confused:

Is that your stove in your avatar? foundry markings won't help date it. If that's a replacement spring handle, it makes it difficult to date. 77, 78 or 79. Providing it has the original draft cap. Any markings in weld on the bottom?
Yes a baffle would help considerably. Welding the draft cap support comes first. That is a major issue. Perhaps washers on each side and double nut with half nuts to hold the draft cap bolt tight to the door?

ummmm....yes I am aware that I can't use it in the GREAT state of California. :eek: I was totality joking about a garage install......;) The draft cap issue has been fixed and yes that's my stove in the Avatar. I will check the bottom weld for markings. Thanks for the good info!

Status
Not open for further replies.