Baby Countryside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
So who's running one? My second stove just came home with me, craigs list guy thought it was dirty but wasn't sure on cleaning? Looks brand new. I'm a quad guy, can anyone tell me about this stove? I plan to tear it down in the garage tomorrow, any do's and don't would be appreciated. Yes gang, I'll post pictures, no worries.

My buddy (Forum member barnyard840x) and Forum member CWR have them. My buddy bought his Brand new last year, but it was made in 08 or later (Cant remember exactly). Its a good little stove and does a great job at heating his place (Prob in the nieghborhood of 1,000-1,100 sq ft) on heat setting 2 out of 5. There are a few things that he has done to achieve a better burn. Within 24 hrs he had to "Dump" pellets out of the burn pot because it would overflow. That was with the Damper opened all the way... It does not get enough air through the burn pot. Now after his little mod, it can go for days or weeks. He made several holes in the bottom of the pot larger and closed up the top 1 or 2 rows in the burn pot. Now all the air that used to come through the top 2 rows, is pushed in through the lower/larger holes (Where the pellets are burning and NEED the air) and the flame is highly active, ash is light grey to white instead of the sooty black poor burn it had before the mod... Now he can utilize the damper to control the air/burn. (In No way shape or form recommend ALTERING a stove. I am shareing results. Please use caution doing any Mod on your stove. This may/will void any warranty)

The next thing he is doing is adding a gasket or getting the burnpot to seal better. It has a very poor fit and has leaks around the corners, these leaks, if fixed, would divert even more air past the pellets. The gaskets were mediocre at best. Replaced the Hopper gasket and ash pan gasket.

BUT, after all that, it is a fantastic little stove. Has many heat exchange tubes to exstract as much heat as possible (18 I believe) Also the Low #1 setting can be adjusted, so when its on a thermostat it can go down to a "pilot" light. Feeding just enough pellets to keep a fire going until the call for heat is needed again. He is not as much a Pellet Guru as me. I talked him into the pellet stove, and he loves the cheap heat. Hopefully his 2nd year, the bug will bite harder.

Ive got 9 ton of pellets, over 10 cord of wood, and 4 stoves (Still have the Fahrenhiet Endurance/in the garage waiting to be sold or installed in my 25-PDV's place)., I am a Wood/Wood Pellet Nut!!! Eat, Sleep, and Breathe it.

I think you will like it. If you dont mind me asking?? How much?? Barnyard840x paid $1,000 brand new. I have seen them locally for $400-$900 used on CL. Maybe his had a fluke Exhaust motor and it does not draw that well. You will know after 5-10 hrs when the burn pot keeps filling and it does not go down.

I will tell him tomorrow about this thread. So he can comment or send you a PM.

Thanks Dexter, great info.

Houston, we have lift off! May be the best $400 I've spent in a long time....

Attachments

• 0907111210a.jpg
    0907111210a.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 170
Here is a Pic of Barnyard840x's Baby on Heat level 3 with Somersets. You can see how Bright and active it is. Much better burn after the his Mod.

Having already burned a pellet stove for years, you will know when its right.

Agreed on the $400. Good Deal.

Attachments

• Baby%20Countryside.jpg
    Baby%20Countryside.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 160
Status
Not open for further replies.