1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

back again with the sawdust bricks

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Doug MacIVER, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER Minister of Fire

Loc:
    se mass
    12pm fill 5 bricks 1 split 2 pcs pallet main house temp 68, great day away with family home 8pm house 65,six splits house 67, 10:30 pm six brick 2 pcs pallet house 68, now house 69,outside 32, stove 500 all from jotul f100. love these things for overnite comfort. by the way bedrooms down a hall 62

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. blades

blades Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI, Milw
    10:30pm 2- 5"splits rock maple,1 silver maple 1 piss elm , 2.30am 73deg in side mid teen out , open air up, 4.30am 74 deg inside on coals only , 2000sq ft ranch still mid teens out, ain't cold out yet.
    Doug MacIVER likes this.
  3. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER Minister of Fire

Loc:
    se mass
    that is outstanding heat,has got to be one great stove. my point for my situation is these bricks have made our life a little simpler and more comfortable with alot more heat from a small stove for a small cost as we've always had to buy some wood anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS. oh stove still @225 and main house 65 with a not so cold 24 outside
  4. blades

blades Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI, Milw
    Stove is a Englander NC30 - key is wood is is down to 15% or less, Nothing wrong with the compressed blocks, lots of advantages, no bugs, easy to store, Very little mess to incur the wrath of the significant other., mostly decent heat output/time. Dis-advantages- got to buy them- then I would need a home exercise set up, yada yada. Have a great Christmas and New Year, Chris