back again with the sawdust bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug MacIVER

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2012
se mass
12pm fill 5 bricks 1 split 2 pcs pallet main house temp 68, great day away with family home 8pm house 65,six splits house 67, 10:30 pm six brick 2 pcs pallet house 68, now house 69,outside 32, stove 500 all from jotul f100. love these things for overnite comfort. by the way bedrooms down a hall 62

10:30pm 2- 5"splits rock maple,1 silver maple 1 piss elm , 2.30am 73deg in side mid teen out , open air up, 4.30am 74 deg inside on coals only , 2000sq ft ranch still mid teens out, ain't cold out yet.

Reactions: Doug MacIVER
10:30pm 2- 5"splits rock maple,1 silver maple 1 piss elm , 2.30am 73deg in side mid teen out , open air up, 4.30am 74 deg inside on coals only , 2000sq ft ranch still mid teens out, ain't cold out yet.
that is outstanding heat,has got to be one great stove. my point for my situation is these bricks have made our life a little simpler and more comfortable with alot more heat from a small stove for a small cost as we've always had to buy some wood anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS. oh stove still @225 and main house 65 with a not so cold 24 outside

Stove is a Englander NC30 - key is wood is is down to 15% or less, Nothing wrong with the compressed blocks, lots of advantages, no bugs, easy to store, Very little mess to incur the wrath of the significant other., mostly decent heat output/time. Dis-advantages- got to buy them- then I would need a home exercise set up, yada yada. Have a great Christmas and New Year, Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.