Back at It.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Started hauling out a small load of shoulder season wood (Hemlock) tonight then stacked it. My plans our to have all our shoulder season wood stacked by Wednesday.

Attached are some pictures, picture three should be a downed Hemlock for some shoulder season wood for a future year & picture four is a little guy who made it through the winter.

zap 100_4805.JPG100_4806.JPG100_4807.JPG100_4809.JPG100_4811.JPG

Reactions: aroth and smokinj
Looks like somebody is feeling better again! Glad to see you're back at it. We dropped a monster walnut the other night, hoping the weather holds out tomorrow so we can mill the big logs! Ended up with at least a cord and a half of firewood from it too! Great pics Zap!

Stax, looking for about two cord in this area for our shoulder season wood, we have just under two cord that was stacked in the winter in another area.

SO, feeling much better, looks like Saturday will be spent hauling the rest of the Pine & Hemlock out of the woods to the stacking area. What type of mill are you going to use?

zap

Stax, looking for about two cord in this area for our shoulder season wood, we have just under two cord that was stacked in the winter in another area.

SO, feeling much better, looks like Saturday will be spent hauling the rest of the Pine & Hemlock out of the woods to the stacking area. What type of mill are you going to use?

zap
Pretty sure has has a woodmiser. He said he's done 40" logs in it several time before, I'm just hoping the rain holds off. It isn't looking good, supposed to have intermittent rain and t-storms all weekend here. If we can't get it milled tomorrow it may be two more weeks til he can get to it. He's a mechanical engineer from a local mining machine company and he may have to travel to Wisconsin next week through the weekend so I am crossing my fingers that we can get it tomorrow. He said we should be able to get it done in a couple hours......

You Got your "Gear On" holly smoke what does that side by side not have on it?

Smokin, the small shovel for those chitting emergencies! !!

zap

Reactions: smokinj
Smokin, the small shovel for those chitting emergencies! !!

zap

I can see it now....Its the end of the world and Zap says grap the side by side it has everything we need! ;) Ok one last joke. Wife call 911 because your lost in a blazard. 911 says where did you see him last? She say on his side by side. 911 responds we will be right out first thing in the spring. j/k its awesome! You have first aid on there?

Look...it's the Great Wall of Wood!

"Houston, we're picking up something we haven't seen before in the New England states.... It looks like...I think its...yes! We believe it is a massive rank of firewood. Houston, maybe you should call Homeland Security and have them check this guy out. He's got enough firewood there for the apocolypse."

Nice ranks, Zap. Keep cleaning up that beautiful hard wood. (I'm a bit jealous.... All my windfalls are softwood.)

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
I can see it now....Its the end of the world and Zap says grap the side by side it has everything we need! ;) Ok one last joke. Wife call 911 because your lost in a blazard. 911 says where did you see him last? She say on his side by side. 911 responds we will be right out first thing in the spring. j/k its awesome! You have first aid on there?
I take the e-merg kit only when I'm cutting.
zap

Reactions: smokinj
Look...it's the Great Wall of Wood!
;lol That's funny. The inlaws have started calling my stack the Great Wall...they would freak if they saw Zap's.

Thanks maplewood, most of our downed hardwood has been taken care of so I've been working on the downed softwood. Looks like more boat time this year! :)
zap

Status
Not open for further replies.