Back at Shelterbelt clean up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
I have been away from the saw and the maul for a bit so today was my first shot at getting back in full on firewood harvesting shape. For the record I am starting at an all time high of 211 pounds.... Not good on a five foot eight frame but cutting firewood in July and August should get some of it off.

Here is today's little bit of wood from about 40 minutes of cutting and piling rounds.

Attachments

• Back at Shelter Belt cleanup.jpg
    Back at Shelter Belt cleanup.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 293
Yeah in the heat you'll be under 200 in no time.

Shawn

Wood type?

lowroadacres said:
I have been away from the saw and the maul for a bit so today was my first shot at getting back in full on firewood harvesting shape. For the record I am starting at an all time high of 211 pounds.... Not good on a five foot eight frame but cutting firewood in July and August should get some of it off.

Here is today's little bit of wood from about 40 minutes of cutting and piling rounds.

Nice job lowroadacres, last January I hit my highest weight ever 230...I'm six one, changed my eating habits and today I'm down to 202.

gibir

lowroadacres said:

I dropped about 10 lbs this summer so far, another 10 to go, cutting, stacking, splitting in this heat goes a long ways to getting the weight down, also stopped eating as much, now smaller portions of healthy foods, I was closing in on 200 at 5'9" should probably be at 170

Wood type shall remain nameless as in our region we don't use it for firewood :) we dispose of it.

Hoping to hit some more tomorrow.

Our woodcutting this year has been messed up big time by major flooding in our region.

I have started into the shelterbelt on our yard and aiming at two neighbouring yards as well as the bush I usually cut Ash out of is still under 4 feet of water.

4' of water is no problem at this time of the year. Most welcome it to help cool off. However, this would be a new twist in gathering firewood!

The four feet of water is down from 14 feet of water. We have had what is referred to as a a one in 300 year flood event here along the Assiniboine, Souris, and Qu'appelle Rivers.

Ya, we've read of all that flooding and for sure it has been terrible this year. Glad your feet are still dry.

We reside about 500 yards from the river's edge and it is a considerable increase in elevation to our home.... The water came withing 40 yards of our front steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.