Back Burn Englander 25 Pdf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john1963

Nov 17, 2012
Ontario
Correction - stove is a 25 PVC not PDF. Must have been thinking about work and electronic drawing formats.

So our power went out around 12 midnight during the big storm a couple weeks ago. Soon after the smoke alarm went off. Came down stairs and the house was full of smoke. It was coming out from under the hopper lid. Had to open it to see why and of course got a big woof of smoke. what the heck is going on. Dug down in to see what was happening and I scooped out black (burnt) pellets. Dowsed it quickly or I was going to have these pellets igniting any second. After getting most of the smoke out of the house, we went back to bed. The next day I tried to figure what went wrong. This is the first time in three years the stove ever lost power. Even then the fire should have gone out. Then I realized that the hopper lid was not tight when latched and this of course created a route for the fresh air to escape, with it came the smoke.
Stove has been all cleaned out. Hopper lid latches are tight now. Stove working great as always.

Does the exhaust system have any vertical sections, as recommended by Englander?

Stove has about a twelve foot vertical run outside. The chimney and fresh air intake is on the north side of the house and the wind was coming out of the north. Chimney is clean but with the wind blowing so hard, it was forcing the air/smoke out anywhere it could go. All is good now. A lesson learned though if we were not home at the time, it could have, no it would have been a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.