Back-flo preventer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

york

Feb 1, 2011
Need more help-new wood boiler install-Boiler will have pump running all the time,to the buffer tank...

Pumping into bottom of boiler,then to top of buffer tank,with "bypass" to Dan-foss-Do i need a back-flo preventer at top of boiler???

thanks Bert

york said:
Need more help-new wood boiler install-Boiler will have pump running all the time,to the buffer tank...

Pumping into bottom of boiler,then to top of buffer tank,with "bypass" to Dan-foss-Do i need a back-flo preventer at top of boiler???

thanks Bert
Got pictures? These would help, It's hard to determine the plumbing from the limited description, Randy

+1 on posting pics and/or a drawing. For what it's worth the only time a back flow preventer is required in residential boiler installations is when you connect directly to your domestic water source for make-up water. The boiler plumbing itself should not have one.

Hey guys thanks-yes,the boiler pump will run all the time,from boiler to buffer tank...

i am going ahead with the install without the BFP..

again thanks,Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.