Back From Pellet Hell - Heat Tech Stove info wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molly1414

Nov 20, 2007
Nevada County Foothills
I have always loved wood stoves. My father burned a Buck insert when I was growing up and we loved it. In our last home we installed a pellet stove because my husband did not want to keep loading the stove with wood. The pellet stove was useless. No heat, could not find pellets, had to clean the glass every day, etc. Hated it!
We moved and our new house has a Heat Tech free standing wood stove installed. I have never heard of this brand before but I love it.
We had the stove and pipe inspected. The stove is a newer model with the secondary burn pipes. The stove lights up with ease and has a very large glass door for viewing the flames and has air wash on the glass to keep it clean. The glass never needs to be cleaned unlike the pellet stove. The secondary burn flames are incredible to watch. The heat this thing puts out is incredible. I have never had a free standing before and did not realize how much heat they can produce. I am reading the fourms and learning what I can about burning wood. I hope to leave the thermostat on the off position all winter. If anyone has any input about Heat Tech stoves please share what you know. Thanks, Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.