Back Into The Woods Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
So, went back to my neighbors house today to drop a couple more maples and pull out the maple I dropped last week. Still have a few trees to cut down there as well as a pile of Oak/Maple at another neighbors waiting to be split. Slowly but surely getting what I need for the new stove TBD in the near future.

For TFDCHIEF, I am attaching a photo of the load.....

Attachments

• compressed wood.jpg
    compressed wood.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 293
Hey Remi - nice score! Will you definitely have a new stove for next season?? Cheers!

Looks like you are right in the business. Good job.

NH_Wood said:
Hey Remi - nice score! Will you definitely have a new stove for next season?? Cheers!

Will absolutely have a new stove and ss liner for next season after all of the complaining I have heard since the stove went dead this year. Right now it looks like the Jotul F600- need a big radiant heater for the basement install.

Wood wise, I have the load you saw in the photo along with the .33 cord of split birch and that neighbor still has 3 or 4 trees he wants me to take down. I have approx. 1/2-1 cord at another neighbors house that will be split soon and he too has a few more trees to come down. He also has approx. 1.5 cords in his barn that he no longer needs as he converted to pellets. I have a bead on 25 acres that the owner wants "clened up", still a lot of blowdowns/fell downs from the ice storm that I need to look at. And if all else fails, my wife's cousin has agreed to give us a deal of $160/cord (think we might buy a couple of cord from him). And I have committed to some work in Douglas, MA, but I will not bring that wood back to NH due to Asian Longhorn concerns.

Busy boy in the coming weeks, but good exercise and great outdoors time.

The F600 was my second choice Remi - I'm sure you'll love that stove - it's a beauty. Looks like you'll be set with wood too! When do you think you'll install the new stove? Cheers!

Probably looking to pull the trigger sometime early summer. Have to have the clay pipe broken out of the chimney, install the new liner, then off we go!

Plan on making a trip to fireplace village in peterborough to begin purchasing discussion in the near future.

Good job.
Keep it coming.
Never have too much wood :)

Helps keep us retired guys out of trouble, keep up the good work :zip:

Still waiting on the call from my dad in MA to help him with the 10 cord he needs to cut for next year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.