Back Puffing / Fire Dying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be weather and temp related. How tall is the flue from stove to chimney?

You mean stove to cap? or stove to double wall chimey at the ceiling. From stove to ceiling where it turns to double wall is 6ft, then its 9 feet of doublewall to the cap. It might be weather or pressure related, and i think im going to have to chaulk it up as that because i have no other explination. I know my chimney is on the short side, but ive never had a problem in the last 3 years with a draft or any other issue related to a short chimney.

15 ft is not bad, especially for a straight-up install. Sounds like it's been working ok for you.

Some days are just bad burn days. It's 55F here today, low barometer and windy. I am not going to have a fire unless the power goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.