Back to the brush dump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
Went back to the local brush dump this morning. Cut as much as I could till the rounds got so large and heavy I could no longer pick them up. Wheres that 15 year old grandson who thinks he is already a man when I need him huh? But after yesterdays cairnage and this mornings I got about 5 loads outta there. I thought about takin the splittin axe with me to knock the bigger stuff down to size so I could load it but after afew test swings on the hackberry I already got yesterday I thought better of that. That stuff, and if you never heard wood laugh, did laugh at me. All that and the fact that the small towns poo lagoons are just to the west of the brush dump and the wind musta been in the right direction made it hard to get up more ambition to keep at it. This is first thing this morning after yesterdays cuttin. I left alott there for the other folks today. But not much unless they bring a skidloader with them. Anything that 1 man can handle is out behind my old barn waitin on the woodsplitter.
2rd94bo.jpg

11kuwar.jpg

Around here, we gotta pay $50 per year for a dump permit, then $35 per pick up truck load to dump brush....never any rounds to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.