back together and fired up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanhoe

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2008
great white northern ontario
hi,
the day as finally come to put the accentra back together. I've installed the cross-over tube(i tap the holes and inserted a fitting with teflon) and put the auger back in. I slowly creep up the stove up a 4ft ramp to it's hearth landing. i reconnected the stove pipe with a little antiseize on the twist joints(it helps alot), put together the OAK and fired it up. so far so good and the fire didn't seemed right to me. i know i removed the plastic in the stove pipe but wasn't to sure if i did the OAK, mmm! i check the garbage twice for the plastic stuffing and no where to be found, mmmm! to heck with it, i take the OAK apart to make sure it wasn't left in there. well, well, well, would you know it, it was still in the piping, ggrr in a good way. my gut feeling served me right. everything is purring now just in time for the first fire of the year as the temperature outside started to dip with the north wind. thx to everyone who gave their inputs. this site ROCKS!

Attachments

• P1030208.JPG
    P1030208.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 100
  • P1030209.JPG
    P1030209.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 108
  • P1030207.JPG
    P1030207.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.