Back-up Generator on Sale...Big Lots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Hey everybody,

while drinking my Sunday morning coffee sitting in front of the stove, I saw this ad for Big Lots.....they have a nice little 1000 watt 4 cycle (no mixing oil/gas) generator for sale for $169. That must be a great price, because even Amazon.com has it listed for $259.

I don't know if everybody has one of these stores near them, but you can check with their location finder: www.biglots.com/Specials/WeeklyAdLaunch.aspx

You have to look in the Weekly Ad.

Just thought I'd let everybody know.

MacMan

thanks alot for the link Im headin to town:)

Be sure and look at the box on them. Most of the time stuff like this at Big Lots are "refurbished".

BrotherBart said:
Be sure and look at the box on them. Most of the time stuff like this at Big Lots are "refurbished".

I agree BB...let the buyer beware! It didn't say anything about being refurbished in the ad, and I thought they had to state that if it was, but check anyway.

they were sold out at our local storeI will look at tomorrow at a different location. Is 1000 watts enough to run a pellet stove (or 2)? I havent looked to see how many total watts mine use.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in to buying generators, but my manual states to use a "PURE SINE WAVE" generator only. The more expensive generators will state specifically that they are pure sine wave(like your house electricity). The 2-stroke and less expensive gens are normally a "modified" sine wave. I don't know about other stoves, just what my manual says. It might be a good idea to check throughly before buying a generator that might damage the control board.
Just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.