Backer board dimensions for us stove 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you calling a "backer board"?

What I figured. Their "ceramic brick" herringbone pattern part. Only problem I see being it would be so thin that cracking would be a problem and the refractory wouldn't have the same insulation value. But it is probably just there for looks anyway. How would you attach it, since it will be heavier?

Wow..yea why bother dropping 69 dollars and thats without shipping....well because you could build 2 outta refractory cement for that price and they'll last forever....ugh..I know your just trying to help but this is the frustration you have when you have a community of ppl that have different stoves trying to answer a question that only the ownsers of that particular stove will know:confused:

Good luck

I got an idea, why don't you just measure it. Then sign up over on iliketowhine.com

Reactions: iceguy4
Countryside went with refractory in later 2000s

What I figured. Their "ceramic brick" herringbone pattern part. Only problem I see being it would be so thin that cracking would be a problem and the refractory wouldn't have the same insulation value. But it is probably just there for looks anyway. How would you attach it, since it will be heavier?
It has a clip and "rests" on the auger...others have done it, but the site i usually get info from is down...

Yes we know.

Reactions: POTSTIRRER
Yes we know, that iburncorn is down. I am starting to wish that they weren't. >>

Whah whah, I want some obscure measurement for my stove and nobody here will spoon feed so I can make my own "backer board" cause I'm a cheap sob. Whah whah I want a bigger burn pot that's not designed for my stove and I want somebody here to give it to me. The people at iburncobs would, why won't you people. Whah whah I want my own special forum place for my stove so I don't have to look for answers to my special problems. How's that for pot stirring?

Ya wade in flicking chit at a format that has worked just fine for 19 years then start asking questions about a corn stove when it wouldn't take much of a look around to see that there ain't many corn burners here in the first place. We point corn burners to iburncorn and coal burners to nepacrossroad because that is where folks that excel in that stuff hang out. Just because one of the sites craters and one of their members shows up we are not going to break what ain't broke.

Enjoy. Contribute and learn what you can or move along. As to pot stirring. I am a pretty good pot lid.

Ya wade in flicking chit at a format that has worked just fine for 19 years then start asking questions about a corn stove when it wouldn't take much of a look around to see that there ain't many corn burners here in the first place. We point corn burners to iburncorn and coal burners to nepacrossroad because that is where folks that excel in that stuff hang out. Just because one of the sites craters and one of their members shows up we are not going to break what ain't broke.

Enjoy. Contribute and learn what you can or move along. As to pot stirring. I am a pretty good pot lid.
It's a multi-fuel stove........thanks for making me feel welcome and all the great info you have provided.

It's a multi-fuel stove........thanks for making me feel welcome and all the great info you have provided.
Hey pot, cool down. I'm willing to share my "icehole" to help so that "cooler heads" prevail! (no :ZZZ intended) Stop trying to "push rope" around here. go back and delete some of your "less productive" posts to "valued members" and let the remaining posts do there job. There is a lot of knowledge here but none for the taking...they only give here. As for your burnpot , most around here are skeptical of major modifications to stoves. I know I am. I even searched myself that very issue about a bigger burn pot. Its not common .

Moving along now.

Status
Not open for further replies.