Backing to burning and short on wood...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor61

Burning Hunk
Nov 28, 2006
Warwick, RI
Anyone in RI or SE Mass have a reliable source for seasoned or KD wood? I've got a source for some free 18 month seasoned but don't want to wear it out...

thanks!

Bill's Sales in Portsmouth or Verrier Tree Service in West Greenwich both deliver kiln dried.
It's pricey at $350/cord, but it burns beautifully in my new Hearthstone. With the control you have over the fire in a Woodstock I think you'd get a bit of heat for the money.

Sounds as if you've done business with these folks...do you feel you got full cords from them? Supposedly seasoned seems to be running 200 or so and generally isn't a full cord...I don't mind paying a bit more if I'm going to get the full amount and it is going to yield more heat. In the end it likely ends up costing the same or less.

I've been happy with the two cords I got from Bill's. Their standard length is 14 inches, but if you can wait a week or two for the next kiln run, they will do whatever length best fits your stove.

I have no experience with Verrier.

Not sure what I'll do. There's a guy in Cranston that has what he claims to be 19 month seasoned after it was cut and split. I may go take a look at what he has to offer. It almost seems as if it would be worth the extra 10o bucks to have it properly dried and clean.....

Status
Not open for further replies.