Backwoods Savage Or Quads I Dare You...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Git yer pics up !!!

laughing-smiley-001.gif

:lol: :coolcheese: WOW. That is all I can say.

zapny said:
That would be the time Sav wOOd have to change and go horizontal.

zap

At our age Sav and I don't even joke about "going horizontal". :-S

Quads & Dennis are "way to smart" to do it when the water is soft & easy, like in the sumer.
They'll wait till January, the water is allot "harder" & they'll drive on their lakes for miles. :)
May even stop & fish ;)
Don't see any fishing poles with the guys on the video.

I've seen that one and it amazes me. I'd seen it done many times with snowmachine but not atv. Quads and I have the wrong type of machine for that but if he wants to try it, I'll strap on some skis and he can tow me across.

BB is right. At our age, horizontal is in the past. :lol:

Did that on a dirt bike at the dunes in Oklahoma. It's very intimidating to be WOT in 5th gear heading for the water. After getting the hang of it we would wait until some people came riding by the water. We'd fly down the dune hit the water skim across and take off. It really surprised them to see it.

:bug: Very impressed by that. I had no clue that could be done. Last time I hit the water going that fast it was the San Lorenzo river in an APC. We slowed down very fast and the driver nearly drowned he said.

Quads would do it pulling his little sled full of Oak rounds behind him and swinging his old maul in the air.

Flatbedford said:
Quads would do it pulling his little sled full of Oak rounds behind him and swinging his old maul in the air.

FBF, I got a chuckle out of that, I can picture the Quads doing that, you nailed it.

zap

Dennis, Iskiatomic has plenty of skis to spare. Just give us a shout and we'll be there for the show.

DO

Doug, how are you and KC doing with the wood?

Hi Dennis,

We're doing very well. We've been spending our weekends together collecting and splitting.
Kenny is a huge help, gets me motivated.

We've collected approximately 5+ cords since the fluke snow storm hit.
Some is still at Kenny's house, some is here at mine. We split a trailer full today and one yesterday.
Both trailers are sitting in my back yard waiting to be stacked.

Kenny has a friend who owns a tree service who dumped a load here at my house also, Kenny guesses it's about 2 cords worth.
Kenny says we can't stop until I have about 8-10 cords.

We'll be sure to post some pictures on Hearth pretty soon!

Take care,
Doug.

I've got a KFX400 and live next to a lake, any bets? :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.