Backyard Fire Pit advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what to do with my sprinkler system underground? I want to build a fire pit above my existing sprinkler system. Do I have to locate the lines a cap off the lines or what?

Can anyone tell me what to do with my sprinkler system underground? I want to build a fire pit above my existing sprinkler system. Do I have to locate the lines a cap off the lines or what?

just turn the sprinkler line to a gas line and you're good to go (JUST KIDDING DON'T DO THIS!)

is there a sprinkler head in the way, or just the line? if it is the line, i wouldn't worry about it if you are building up. if you are digging down, i would move the firepit.....

I have always been a big fan of the simple stone formation, in the keyhole shape.... that way you can have a little side burner for keeping things warm, etc, and you get some good directional flow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.