backyard wildlife today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktail

Minister of Fire
Sep 18, 2011
Western WA
It's been a couple of weeks since I had a deer on my trail camera out back. The neighbor spooked this deer today and then tried to get a look at it in the woods behind our properties. That's when he saw the owl. All winter long I had a couple of owls behind the house "hoo-hooing" it up at night but I never could see one.

View attachment 103248

View attachment 103247
View attachment 103249

Attachments

• 5.28.13.JPG
    5.28.13.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 5.28.13owl1.JPG
    5.28.13owl1.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 5.28.13owl3.JPG
    5.28.13owl3.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 145
I love owls.....one of my favorite animals in the woods. Great pic, thanks for sharing!

I recorded an owl one night this winter from my back door.

For awhile, I was hearing them every night. Sometimes if they were close to the house, they'd wake me up. Many times I shined a spotlight into the trees where the sounds were coming from, but I never saw one until today.

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Status
Not open for further replies.