Bad back & small bed pickup , am i f@#$%^ ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Still have 2 tons wrapped & on pallets in garage & 1 ton + in cellar of early summer Athen pellets. We all know the burn quality from those first ones put out. I'm wondering if anyone on here has had their pellets swapped be either Maine Woods (Athens) or their retailer by them coming up to get them. Springbrook in Waterville tagged $30 a ton to deliver. Shouldn't he come back up here to swap ? Wondering also if the Athens plant would come up here & swap. Wouldn't be good buisness ethics ? Anyone experience somethin' like that ? These pellets aren't the best by a long shot,although 2 of my 3 dogs seem to think so . Muss

im not trying to hijack the thread , but if you folks have had good dealings with the athens pellet company ,. please do them a solid and post about it. the company took a few hits early this year and ive recently heard rumbles about them doing some stand up support backing their product. if they do well post your results , if they dont , well, post that too. manufacturing often takes hits more for bad things without any "good hits" if they trreat you well, let us know , if not , let us know as well. posts should reflect the experience whichever way it turns out. most companies would accept and welcome that , and it gives them incentive to stand behind their product even more.

muss: This is not in direct response to your post here, but you have mentioned about having a bad back. I recently purchased a book called "Wood Pellets" for some spare reading and to get someone elses outlook on pellets, etc.. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because Ralph Ritchie the author has some very good tips in the book. He shows a contrapion that he has built that prevents him from having to move the bags all around. I think it sifts the pellets too. The book may be dated from like 2004 but the author has assured me that the content is kept up-to-date. It was a very interesting book with some interesting facts, stories and the author has some good experience and insight into burning pellets. The eBook is only $8 so I found it worth it. I just thought maybe his pellet invention might help you out or give you some good ideas.

http://altenergyandconservation.ritchieunlimitedpublications.com/WoodPelletHandbookPg.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.