Bad news here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
I have been away from the board for most of the summer and its not been a good one.
I was diagnosed with a large kidney tuomor back in June and then two weeks ago suffered a stroke.

I am home and doing fairly good, all considered.

Getting ready for surgery in a few weeks to remove the left kidney.

The stroke left me with the right arm messed up.

Thankfully I never learned proper typing, and have my own system that I was able to work fairly good with one hand.

Had to shut down the dump trucking business so getting shells this winter is going to be tedious at best.

Not sure just what the future holds, will keep ya posted.

Snowy

If your going to be spending a lot of time at home you wont want to miss a good relaxing wood fire, good luck and get well.

be well Snowy, take care.

Hang in there . . . and get better soon.

th
There's a picture of a snowy river, that would cheer me up, I hope it works for you;)

Man that sucks. Throwing some positive mojo your way. Might have to go to pellets till things straighten out.

Reactions: save$
In a nutshell, all the best, Snowy, yer in my thoughts.................

You're in my prayers, Snowy. Be positive, good luck and Bless ya. Keep us posted.....

Snowy, you are a strong gal.... Of your stories and photos, one of the stronger I have seen.

Your posts have helped, enlightened, and made many of us laugh. I hope you get well soon and as it was said above. The Pellet route may be the way to go. Did you have your shells for this year yet?

Prayers and thoughts from all of us :) Keep is posted. The Power of prayer can be a magical thing.....

Prayers and get well wishes for this end Snowy. Fight the good fight and keep a strong positive attitude.

Reactions: ScotO
I have been away from the board for most of the summer and its not been a good one.
I was diagnosed with a large kidney tuomor back in June and then two weeks ago suffered a stroke.

Thankfully I never learned proper typing, and have my own system that I was able to work fairly good with one hand.

Had to shut down the dump trucking business so getting shells this winter is going to be tedious at best.

Snowy

Sometimes it seems it would be good to know the future but other times not. Somehow I think it is best the way it is. As for the tumor and stoke, oh how I wish it had not happened. But it has and I'm sure you can face this thing and whip it all the way. We'll be praying for just that to happen.

I'd like to know that typing method you have. I've seen some who are amazing. I for one never took typing in high school. Thought I was forced in college but they took me to have a test. Had to type so many words per minute and as they came back into the room I was finishing the last word. Thought I'd just barely made it. Turned out they could hardly believe I typed the whole thing. Said I only had to get about a third of it. And my typing is pretty much the normal way to type; taught myself.

Reactions: ScotO
ah damn. That's never the news I hope to hear from someone who hasn't been around in a while.

When it rains it pours, and you certainly are dealing with flooding. Hope them docs looking after you are on the top of their game and wish you the best.

pen

Best wishes to you and your family for a speedy recovery Snowy.

Hang in there, GF !!! Good thoughts coming your way, and major Dixie & Matisse snuffles !

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you.

That's very sad news Snowy. I the surgery goes well and you are on the road to recovery soon. We'll be pulling for you!

Speedy recovery. You are a make do person and I have no doubt that there are new adventure out there that you will become a master of. Keep notes. Other stroke victims are encouraged by survival stories. You are a survivor.

Snowy

My mother had a kidney removed when she was in her mid-30s. She's still going strong.

Get well and stay active as best you can.

Thanks so much folks.

The stroke recovery is/can be a long term project.
Yesterday I met with the urologist and he is nervous about doing the surgery this soon after a stroke.

This sucks, big time !!!!!

All in all I am feeling fairly good, still tire out quickly though.
I had to close down my trucking company, and this killed my income, making the immediate future sketchy at best.
I am working on getting on disability but thats going to take a bit of time.

I am 60 yo now, so still 2 years from regular Soc Sec

Again. thanks for all the good vibes.
I will try to be on the boards as I can manage.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.