bad selection this season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideboard147

Feb 2, 2011
Weatherford Texas (DFW)
As the select few stores here slowly begin to stock pellets "seems late this year" They have no problem putting lawn mowers out in January. I am starting to see that I don't have *hit to choose from. Or at least quality. I got Bayou $6.99 a bag, Heat resource $350 a ton, tomorrow's energy TBA on price, and Tidy timber for $5.99 a bag. Or I can drive two hours and get Spearfish, Patterson wood product, or SIH. I have heard a lot of good things about SIH so I might just make the drive. I have no idea about this spearfish brand. Anyone have thoughts on them?

What can your Tractor Supply or Northern Tool get you? That's about my only options here in the DFW area...

Last year Tractor Supply was $225 ton and TSC was at $250ton.

pony66 said:
What can your Tractor Supply or Northern Tool get you? That's about my only options here in the DFW area...

Last year Tractor Supply was $225 ton and TSC was at $250ton.

I never thought to look at Northern Tool. I could check the one off cherry lane in FT.W. My Tractor out here in Weatherford has the tomorrow energy's which I don't like at all for around $250. What brand do they carry over there? I am thinking about driving down to Waco unless I can find something good around here.

How about the StoveShop/John Deere place in Weatherford? I tried calling him today but they were closed on Mondays. They sell pellet stoves, hopefully they sell pellets.

The pellets at NT were Big Heat. They filled the burn pot with lots of ash. Had to clean the pot about every 12 hours. I want to try something different if I can find them.

The stove shop here in Weatherford sells heat resourses and they are a pretty dirty pellet. If you didn't buy your stove there then you will be shocked to know they charge a extra $100 per ton! So it will run you around $350 a ton. THat place pisses me off! lol, I had to clean the burn pot every 12 hours it seemed also. Last year I bought some bayuos as a shoulder pellet over there off 35 in Burleson and wow they were even worse then the heat resourse. I use to drive to Wichita Falls and pick up rocky mountains which I love, but they quit selling them so I am back searching. Look up Southern Indiana pellets. I think I am going with those and we can get them in Waco at atwoods, but I dunno how much yet.

I take that back it was the bayou that I was cleaning every 8 to 12 hours with a caked burn pot! THe heat resources seem to acutally burn not as bad, but were still semi dirty. Better then NT I am sure by far. I just could not get over the $350 a ton

Where did you buy from in Burleson?

The Weatherford Stove Shop knows how to attract future customers, huh? I was passing buy there tomorrow so you saved me the need to stop.......

pony66 said:
Where did you buy from in Burleson?

The Weatherford Stove Shop knows how to attract future customers, huh? I was passing buy there tomorrow so you saved me the need to stop.......

Ya they are pretty dam rude and wont come off the price.I have seen them turn away people before they wanted to keep a stock for there stove buyers when they had more then enough for anyone. You know $350 for a good brand in one thing, but something that is not much better then bayou I wouldn't waste my time, Well I already have once, lol. I got them at lenorads fire place shop right off 35 somewhere in that area. They are pretty high on price. I am about to burn some patterson wood products which is pine, and if they work out I have thought about driving a rig out to Nacodoghes and picking up a few tons straight from the plant for $175.

Status
Not open for further replies.