Bad storm thru Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Hope all is well this morning.
Heavy thunder storms thru there this time of year with the trees full leaf, may see some trees blown over. Hope no power failures or other damage like happened in other states last week.
Weather said lots of lightning also.

Had some bad storms last night in Ohio. I just got an alert on my phone for storms coming from the Michigan / Canada area. They will be dropping down this morning, producing damaging winds (the last 4 storms have all been BAD!!).

Hope everyone makes it o.k... I see a thread now for Pallet Pete (tree knocked down because of storm this morning).

Dave there is a 5 county area here that really got hit hard. Us included.

looking pretty black on the horizon here in central PA right now. We just got back a while ago from cutting up a big dead maple, that was totally miserable. It was 102 degrees out with around 80% humidity, we got it all topped out and the main mess cleaned up but just couldn't stay cool enough (drank almost two gallons of water in just a couple hours), got two really big dead white oaks to do out there tomorrow morning, bright and early (one is COVERED in poison ivy, ugh!;sick), so we'll be working that one early 'cause we gotta wear the coveralls.......maybe one of those storms will flop both of those big oaks down for us!>>

They keep going around us. Don't really care for the winds, but we sure could use a few inches of rain. Saws are all clean and sharp, though. Ready for action

They keep going around us. Don't really care for the winds, but we sure could use a few inches of rain. Saws are all clean and sharp, though. Ready for action
we just had a DANDY pass just south of us. Neighboring town has trees down everywhere, power is out there too. Our temp dropped 15 degrees in a matter of minutes, but we saw not one drop of rain.....:mad:

we just had a DANDY pass just south of us. Neighboring town has trees down everywhere, power is out there too. Our temp dropped 15 degrees in a matter of minutes, but we saw not one drop of rain.....:mad:
I have a feeling that we will get hit in August, everything so far goes North or South of us.

zap

looking pretty black on the horizon here in central PA right now. We just got back a while ago from cutting up a big dead maple, that was totally miserable. It was 102 degrees out with around 80% humidity, we got it all topped out and the main mess cleaned up but just couldn't stay cool enough (drank almost two gallons of water in just a couple hours), got two really big dead white oaks to do out there tomorrow morning, bright and early (one is COVERED in poison ivy, ugh!;sick), so we'll be working that one early 'cause we gotta wear the coveralls.......maybe one of those storms will flop both of those big oaks down for us!>>

Scott, my hat is off to you for doing this in the weather we have. You are certainly a better man than I.

Dennis, I'm not so sure about being the better man, but I am pretty sure you can call me the crazier man of the two of us! ;) You've taught me a lot on this site, so my hat goes off to you sir!

Reactions: zap and DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.