Baffle Insulation repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow wood burners,
I am new to the forums and wanted to say how great this site is.
I have a '87 country comfort 1000cc Phase 1 epa stove. Non-cat. Great little stove especially when the kids are young(it has a metal shroud surrounding the actual firebox if you have never seen one before. The only hot surface is stove door and pipe.) Anyhow, I am rebuilding the stove and when I removed the baffle I found the lovely insulation blanket. I need to order a replacement and then cut it to size,
Q. How to I know what size thickness to order? I am guessing they compress over time but I have no manual and was curious how to tell. Should I just use the current thickness and figure that is close enough? I was told by a local stove shop that the blanket was not that important and to just re-use the old one. Which I cannot believe.
Also, if anyone has the manual for this stove that would be great. I have looked all over internet and talked to the company that now holds the remainder of the Orville products inventory and they do not have a manual for that model.
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

i ordered some blanket material from a company on ebay. they sell various thickness and roll lengths. i will try to get the info and repost

Welcome to the forum Gandolf! You'll have to post some pics of your stove it sounds interesting..

Ray

Thanks for the suggestions. I see from a few vendors a 6# or 8# option. Does anyone know which is preferred? I am guessing the 8# has higher insulation factor hence more heat retained in stove or will that hold in too much heat or does is not matter? I wish I had the manual.
I will post some pics of stove soon.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.