Baffle plate on a 3cb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwachtell

Jan 22, 2007
I am rebuilding a Jotul 3cb and I am wondering about my baffle plate and if I can still use it. It is the same baffle plate as the current 3cb It is warped a little bit and seems to have some broken up cement jingling around inside of it. I have noticed that the baffle plate is actually two plates screwed together. Does anybody know anything about the makeup of the baffle plate and if has gaskets inside of it or possibly cement which might need to me replaced? Not certain why I have broken cement inside of it jingling around. I have my my baffle plate out of the stove and it came out fairly easily.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.