baffles getting hot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tableclocksss

Jan 31, 2008
md
just what part is the baffel...is that wher the air tubs are? i just got one but not hooked up yet...where does the air supply enter to fuel the fire...i cant seen to find anywhere...how do the air tubs work...i didnt get a book with mine cause it was 50% off...what is a cheap replacement when the brick ware out...thin red brick or regular 1 inch concret?...thanks all for your help...

Knowing the model insert/stove you are asking about would be a really big help in answering those questions. Many manuals are available online but you need to know what you have- even a photo of the thing would help.
And to replace firebrick you need firebrick- regular bricks can't stand up to the heat.

Cearbhaill said:
Knowing the model insert/stove you are asking about would be a really big help in answering those questions. Many manuals are available online but you need to know what you have- even a photo of the thing would help.
And to replace firebrick you need firebrick- regular bricks can't stand up to the heat.

tks for you reply....its a fw300010......2000....i d like to know how the air tubes work and where the air enters to keep the fire going. tks....richard

http://www.vermontcastings.com/content/support/manuals2.cfm?filterid=35

Only thing I could find for that model is a clearance sheet.
Give them a call maybe they have more stuff not on the web.
http://www.vermontcastings.com/catalog/elements/files/FW300010.pdf

The stoves I have seen the secondary air comes in someplace on the bottom of the stove and is channeled up to the baffle plate or tubes in a way such that it gets heated. The primary air often goes in someplace above the door and does not get a lot of preheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.