Bags per day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevassar

Oct 30, 2007
South Central MA
I'm running an Enviro Empress insert, and on setting 4 (medium high), I'm burning 2 bags per day. I put a full bag in around 6:30AM, and another around 7PM. Is that normal? I'm currently burning Barefoot Pellets, as they seem to burn the hottest.

If I have it on 3 (medium) I go thought about a bag and 3/4 per 24 hour period.

i have aempress fs and on three i go though a bag and a 1/2 a day. its normal due to climate and home configuration. on manual it will feed at a preset setting and keep going. but 2 bags a day is normal for some people in certain parts of mass. i know of my best friend in worchester burning that in a day.

I own a free standing Empress and go through a little under two bags a day on 4 and slightly more than two bags a day on 5.

Sounds like we are burning at the same pace.

It's all based on size of room(s) your heating and how warm ya like it..my WF Advantage rarely ever sees anything but the lowest setting once the living room is comfortable that equal approx 1 Bag per 18h.

I know how you feel , since you never had a pellet stove before you have no idea how much you will or should use . I wish I would of known about this board my first year . It would of been nice to get good advice and ways to solve simple problems. Not that Breckwell has bad customer service [ a service tech named Will called me at home to answer a question of mine ].

So far about 43 bags in 60 days in a Whitfield pellet insert new this year. 1400 sq. ft. home $2.75 per day compared to at least $8.00 per day with propane at last year prices. Plus the added advantage of the visible fire

Status
Not open for further replies.