Bailey's sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
The sales flyer usually goes straight to the recycling here, but I just looked at the latest one. They have some pretty darn good prices on saw chain. Just an FYI, in case your like me. I think I might stock up.

I noticed that too! I will be placing an order this weekend. Their prices are literally half of what my dealer is charging.

be careful of their shipping, it usually eats up a lot of the savings.

I'd heard rumors of this......so I bit the bullet, swallowed my pride ( no consumer should ever have to negotiate shipping terms) and called. The nice lady informed me that the $12.95 UPS shipping rate on a $13 grinding wheel was "the best and cheapest method available". I hung up and will no longer shop at Baileys.

be careful of their shipping, it usually eats up a lot of the savings.

Thanks JT, I made an order.

Usually I pay more with shipping to Alaska ;) BUT*** at $14 per 20" chain & approx $3 shipping***
By buying 8 chains & a box of files I was able to save near $3 per chain :)
Should have enough chains for a year or so .
I got 4 of the 72LGX72 & 4 of the 72LPX72.
OR Dealer near me only sells the LPX $20 & wanted to try the LGX. (not much difference, I know)
At $14 per chain, if you like oregon chain, I bet shipping in lower 48 is less than I paid.
Was a Good buy even for Alaska shipping charges.

Just seen it yesterday... There chains are cheap and the Bar and Chain combos are even cheaper! (File kit included in some.).

Figures it my luck... I just bought a couple Woodland Pro's 2 weeks ago, along with a couple other knick knacks :(

Yah, Baley's has reasonable prices, but they also have expensive shipping. So I rarely order from them. I go to Madsens up in WA state, or drop my Bailey's if I go to Mondocino Co., CA to see my friends there (I stock up on cheap booze when I am in CA too). I usually wind up buying Stihl or Carlton chain loops from the saw dealers here.

Ordered from Bailey's a couple times for stuff not found locally.Prefer this outfit more for most things however.Even cheaper & FREE shipping on orders over $100.Bailey's tends to take 7-8 days to me,these folks in Indiana its much quicker.If I place the order on Monday morning,almost always its on my front step Wednesday afternoon.Plus each order I've been getting a couple cool fridge magnets,some stickers for hardhat & a business card with a code you enter for 5% off next order,no minimum amount.They only have website plus actual building in Indianapolis,they dont issue any printed catalogues to keep costs down.

http://www.treestuff.com/

Couple of their item descriptions gave me a chuckle. From their arborist belt section....
Fits up to 40" waist and requires little to no sharpening.
;lol

BTW, they have a belt with a bottle opener built in to the buckle..... nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.