1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Baker insert wanted/any info!

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by jdfamily, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jdfamily

jdfamily New Member

Hi guys new here, I've been searching high and low for a nice baker woodstove insert for my fireplace. I already have my ss liner in just need the stove and has to be a top exaust. Have any of you had one of their inserts or know of someone who had any experience with them. I have made up my mind that's the stove that I want. (Fireside) If anyone knows of a good one for sale please let me know I live in York co. Pa. Thanks!
    Travis

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Unless I've missed a resurgence, these are pre-epa stoves. If I remember correctly, I think these were meant for coal and wood? What is your primary goal for burning?

I'll move this thread over in the pre-epa forum so that it is visible there also.

Welcome to the site.

pen
  3. jdfamily

jdfamily New Member

4. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Are you looking to primarily burn wood or coal?

pen
  5. jdfamily

jdfamily New Member

Would be primarily wood but wouldn't ever rule out wood or possibility of throwing some coal in if a longer burn is needed.
  6. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sure sounds like a stout stove. Why not buy new and get what you want?
  7. jdfamily

jdfamily New Member

Ok don't really have the funds to go new or would. Did find an older one today is a double door wood only no shaker grate for $1000 from a local guy that sells used stoves. Didn't see it yet he says it was gone over though. Think thats a lot but ya just can't find these things anywhere!
  8. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    What do they cost new?
  9. jdfamily

jdfamily New Member

Most are in the 3k range some just under and some a little over depending on where u price.